This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Did you ever just want to SCREAM?

The past 2 days have been electrifying. Scott McLellan has been pinned like an Iraqi Most-Wanted card to the Oval Office wall. The Press Corps has been aggressive, focused and unshakable. It was a wonderful thing to see and hear. After 5 years of allowing George Bush's mouthpiece to equivocate, dissemble and outright lie to them, I hunger to hear a torrent of questions come pouring out of the White House correspondents' mouths. I would like to see them suddenly both horrified and elated to realize that they are unable to stop, like Jack Nicholson vomiting cherries in church. I would like to hear them ask and ask and ask again, until they are dry-heaving questions about the Downing Street Memos, Karl Rove, the illegal, immoral Iraq War and the mountainous, hope-obliterating mass of lies and deceit and death that this administration has spawned.

I would like to see them refuse to leave the room at the end of the press conference. To keep screaming questions at the cameras even when there is no one left standing on the podium to answer. That is what I feel like doing - screaming questions at the top of my lungs. Demanding answers and accountability for myself, and for those who cannot or will not.

Please scream for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger SheaNC said...

I'LL SCREAM WITH YOU! doing his best Sam Kinison AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH! AUGH! AUGH! AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home