This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

John Muir link

I was on my way out to walk the Airedales, but took a minute to click on the 'Nature Quotes' link on the right column of this page. I am glad I did, and hope you will, too. Here is a bit of what I found:


A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease.

God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools.

Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.

I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

That's really beautiful. I love the part about the trees throwing their limbs around as if in worship.

7:22 AM  
Blogger via said...

It is a 'blessed star', indeed.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home