This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Just wondering....

....After one too many Margaritas at the Brook.........

Mr. via and I were talking about cave paintings of hands, and how many were right hands and how many were left..........

He is left handed, but his elementary school teachers made him write with his right hand. They probably didn't do that 10,000 years ago. I mean, today, if you are left handed you are inconvenienced if you need to use a pair of right-handed scissors. If you had to hunt Mastodon with a pair of right-handed scissors you would be very hungry or dead. But did tool makers make right handed spears? Or were you the last one chosen to go on the hunt if everyone but you drove the proto-camels off the cliff from the left while you herded from the right?

And what about personal hygiene? In Islamic culture, I believe the left hand is the implement of choice. But Mr. via is left handed and performs such delicate functions with his right hand..........

I think I have had one too many Margaritas.

love,

via

5 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

My dad grew up during the twenties. He was a natural south-paw but the teachers all forced him to write with his right hand.

You're right about the muslim culture. Alot of that is because it is their way of life. Some of it has to do with the fact that toilet paper has been around for less than 100yrs.

The Turks are the same way. Eat and shake hands with the right and do the other buisness with the left.

PS Could you send me a couple of pitchers of those Margaritas? After this conversation I think I could them.

7:55 PM  
Blogger via said...

Gives 'the scours' a whole new connotation, doesn't it?!

Yes, here come two virtual pitchers........yum.

Glad to see you again. If ok, I'd like to add you to my list of links?

via

7:59 PM  
Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

Thanks for linking me to your blog.

I'll be back latter today, things to do.

Gotta mow the lawn.

Thanks again...back latter.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

Almost forgot....the 'ritas were great!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

When they cut off your hand for being a thief, they cut off the right one. The punishment is that you can never partake of a communal meal again, because you can't reach for food in the company of others with your left.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home