This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Monday, July 18, 2005

The Lipstick Lesbian

'But Manji says recent research shows all that virgin stuff was based on an erroneous translation of the Koran: what awaits in heaven are 72 raisins. What? Could 54 people really have been blown up for a bag of raisins? “Well in 7th century Arabia raisins were so exalted as to be promoted to paradise.”'

Read the rest at: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2092-1696968,00.html

Everything is going to hell in a handbasket. After using 666 for so long, I read that a fourth-century manuscript fragment of the Book of Revelation says the number of the beast is actually 616. I'll have to change the combination on my tack locker........

Still and all, I don't think I'll do a bumper sticker about the raisins. It would be fun, but truthfully, wingnuts of any faith are too damn scary to take the chance of really pissing someone off.....well, maybe the 616.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home