This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Simple temperature converter

To convert cricket chirps to degrees Fahrenheit, count number of chirps in 14 seconds then add 40 to get temperature.
Example: 30 chirps + 40 = 70° F

To convert cricket chirps to degrees Celsius, count number of chirps in 25 seconds, divide by 3, then add 4 to get temperature. Example: 48 chirps /(divided by) 3 + 4 = 20° C

http://www.almanac.com/outdoors/crickets.php

Wonder if there is a corollary based on counting the number of lies from BushCo.........

2 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

I'm a little hard of hearing. Every time I get close enough to count the chirps, they dummy up. I have been reduced to calculating the temperature by looking at a thermometer.

11:44 AM  
Blogger via said...

As I get older, I don't find that I am losing my hearing as much as I am gaining hearing.......stuff I don't WANT to hear, like voices in my head...

No, seriously, I hear a hiss or static or something, that actually sounds a bit like crickets.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home