This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Friday, August 26, 2005

'The American Legion does not speak for this veteran'


"But I'm an honorably-discharged veteran and I'm here to tell you, when it comes to the much-publicized statements made against those protesting the Iraq war, the American Legion is full of crap – and they most assuredly do not speak for me."

Go see the Yellow Dog

3 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

I'm a Life Member of the VFW, and that ying-yang doesn't speak for me either.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Via: I am sending Yellow Dog's link to my dad. He is absolutely beside himself over this news. I am the daughter he talks shop with (i.e., I am the one he discusses politics with) and when I called my mom earlier this evening, I never did get to talk to her at all because my dad talked my ear off ranting about this. He must have said 10 times: "I did not serve 2 tours of duty in Vietnam to have these pr*cks paint Americans who use their civil rights as pansies or commies for protesting our Idiot and Chief's war. If they love this bloodletting so much, they can march their old asses right on over to Baghdad then." Hmm, how can I top what my old Marine dad so succinctly summed up? 'Nuff said I guess.

12:21 AM  
Blogger via said...

Tina, please thank your dad for me, not just his incredible service, but for having the heart and brains to have raised a daughter like you. Good picks, on dad and spouse :)

Seriously, he will love Bob's Yellow Dog Blog. I think they will have a lot to talk about!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home