This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Just got back from one of 5 vigils in Tulsa, if you can believe it!!


We met at the foot of the bronze statue of the Appeal to the Great Spirit in Woodward Park, which is just 2 blocks from my house. My neighbor came with me, and it was great! We had about 70 people, all with candles, and after a few peace songs and a period of silence and reflection, several people gave short readings or just shared their feelings about the war and their appreciation for the sacrifices of Casey and Cindy and other troops and their families.

Two television stations and our Tulsa World newspaper covered the gathering, and I'll report back in the morning to let you know what they said.........

Hopefully I'll have some photos up, as well.

5 vigils in this city, can you believe it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home