This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Monday, August 29, 2005

My letter was mentioned on AlterNet!


I know I shouldn't be so excited, but I am. I have been sending daily letters to my congressman, and one was picked up by AlterNet. This was Evan Derkacz's image and caption:

Of course we support the war, bunnyface, but we have other people to fight it.

Evan Derkacz at 6:01 AM on August 29, 2005.

It's an old argument, so what's changed? The press is asking.

As Mass. governor Mitt Romney (who still supports the war) was being honored by the National Guard, a reporter for the Boston Herald asked about his children and received this reportedly peeved response: "No, I have not urged my own children to enlist. I don't know the status of my childrens' potentially enlisting in the Guard and Reserve..."
We can expect more questions in the near future.

Oklahoma blogger VIA sent a letter to congressman Sullivan there requesting an inquiry into the rationale for war which begins: "I don't know if you have children old enough to serve in Iraq, but I know you would not want them to risk their lives for a war that was based on a lie." (Church of the Front Porch)
Evan Derkacz is a New York-based writer and contributor to AlterNet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home