This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Press Wants to Know if Pro-War Officials Will Send Their Own Kids to War

from Editor and Publisher via BuzzFlash

'The Herald tossed the question as Romney as he was honored by the Massachusetts National Guard. "No, I have not urged my own children to enlist. I don't know the status of my childrens' potentially enlisting in the Guard and Reserve," Romney said, his voice tinged with anger, the Herald reported.'

I have written my congressman daily, requesting that he support HR 375, the Resolution of Inquiry. He has declined, but I won't stop. I sent him a copy of the E&P article this evening, along with this letter.

Dear Representative Sullivan,

I don't know if you have children old enough to serve in Iraq, but I know you would not want them to risk their lives for a war that was based on a lie. Please support the Resolution of Inquiry. No one's children should be put in harm's way based on manipulated intelligence. Your children should not, nor should mine or any parent's. I think there is sufficient evidence to warrant an investigation. If the president has been truthful with Congress and the American people he should willingly supply the information that has already been requested of him. He has not, nor has he given the representatives who have asked it of him the simple courtesy of a reply. This country deserves the truth. We expect our legislators to do everything in their power to be sure that the truth is known. You owe that to us, we are your electorate. I am asking you again to please support HR 375 when you return to Washington. Will you please do this for the state of Oklahoma and for our nation? We are counting on you.

If you haven't read the article, I urge you to do so, and to keep writing to your representatives until they agree to support this Resolution. The tide is turning, and I suspect that with elections next year they would rather be on our boat than on Bush's.

2 Comments:

Blogger SheaNC said...

Draft the Bush twins!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

Draft the kids of all those neo-con chicken-hawks who wanted this illegal war and still support it.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home