This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Too sad to comment about the pets and other animals



Please, right now, while you are perhaps wondering what you can do to help with this disaster, devise a plan that can save the lives of your entire family later on. Think where you will go and where you can take your animals if you have to evacuate (the 10,000 who entered the Superdome were not allowed to take animals inside with them). Learn your options, plan your escape route. And do not put off the task of setting aside enough dry food, bottled water, and medicine for at least a week for each of the humans, dogs, cats, guinea pigs, birds, and any other family members. For the nonhumans, put aside a familiar piece of bedding, a sturdy carrier, a harness, a leash, and whatever else will provide security in case you must all flee. And make a list. If you know there are caged, chained, or otherwise confined animals in your neighborhood, look out for them if that day ever comes. You may be the only one who remembers to save them. Huffington Post

2 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

The pets are always the last ones thought of. This is very sad because they, too, are family members.
I know the wife and I would be devastated. It would be like loosing the kids.

PS I see you went to WV for comment clearance.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Sunnyside said...

I second my hubby's thoughts here. We have three cats that are each so unique and wonderful additions to our family. It would break our hearts to leaven them behind. Never happen.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment on my blog. It brought a smile to my face. With everything going on with my health and treatments and then the nostop heart wrenching stories coming out of the south, I haven't found much to be able to smile about lately. If it weren't for my hubby and people who stop by my blog and leave good thoughts, I don't know what I would do right now!

Thanks again....
And a smile back to you,
Mary (aka sunnyside2day)

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home