This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Divine interference, uh, I mean intervention

By Jaclyn Pelletier/ Beacon Villager
via Raw Story

If their god is so great, why doesn't he just speak to them privately? Why use a radio station? I have listened to Christian broadcasting stations. Never heard anything that remotely sounded like god, but sure did hear a lot of assholes.

"Maynard High School's radio frequency, 91.7 FM, is being seized by a network of Christian broadcasting stations that the Federal Communications Commission has ruled is a better use of the public airwaves.

``People are furious,'' said faculty adviser Joe Magno.

Maynard High's WAVM, which has been broadcasting from the school for 35 years, found itself in this David vs. Goliath battle when it applied to increase its transmitter signal from 10 to 250 watts."

2 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

Via,
I think you put the wrong link up for Raw Story. I tried clicking on it and all I got was my Blogger Dashboard.

6:06 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

Hmm, the "terrible swift sword" slashes through the airwaves again...

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home