This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Even WaPo says it was staged

More propaganda from BushCo.
Bush Teleconference With Soldiers Staged, says Washington Post

"This is an important time," Allison Barber, deputy assistant defense secretary, said, coaching the soldiers before Bush arrived. "The president is looking forward to having just a conversation with you."

"OK, so let's just walk through this," Barber said. "Captain Kennedy, you answer the first question and you hand the mike to whom?"

"Captain Smith," Kennedy said.

"Captain. Smith? You take the mike and you hand it to whom?" she asked.

"Captain Kennedy," the soldier replied.

And so it went.

"If the question comes up about partnering _ how often do we train with the Iraqi military _ who does he go to?" Barber asked."

Paul Rieckhoff, director of the New York-based Operation Truth, an advocacy group for U.S. veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan, denounced the event as a "carefully scripted publicity stunt." Five of the 10 U.S. troops involved were officers, he said.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unadulterated Underdog said...

God have mercy on us for electing a controlling git to the WH. I'm not guilty of voting thus but I AM guilty, it seems, of not trying har denough to get others out of the propaganda rut. Father forgive.

BTW, I like your blog. I added you to my liberal bloglist if that's ok. If not, let me know. CHEERS!

4:39 PM  
Blogger via said...

I like yours, too! I'd be honored, and will add you to mine, also.

We like the same books, too! Have you tried Terry Pratchett yet? I am half way through his most recent, and am enjoying it.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Mike V. said...

want to read a good OpEd I found on Smirkingchimp.com today about what I see as stunts in terror alerts:

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=23152

Good stuff.

And thanks again for dropping in on my blog.
I will link up to yours.
That's the way to spread the word!

10:18 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

Ah, they all recognize a great blog, indeed!

But back to the subject... the fact that the neocons pull these stunts is exactly why I am "constantly amazed, yet never surprised"!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home