This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Monday, October 10, 2005

I'd pay $10.00 per gallon, happily!

A driver is stuck in a traffic jam on the highway. Nothing is moving.

Suddenly a man knocks on the window. The driver rolls down his window and asks, "What happened?"

"Terrorists kidnapped President Bush and are asking for a $10 million ransom. Otherwise they are going to douse him with gasoline and set him on fire.
We are going from car to car to take up a collection."

The driver asks, "How much is everyone giving on average?"

"About a gallon."

(Thanks, Mom and Dad!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

Via,

Can I have my matches back now, pleeeeese?
I promise I won't burn any furniture.
Just wanna torch one itty-bitty thing.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Glen said...

Brilliant! That joke's going to the office tomorrow.

6:30 PM  
Blogger via said...

Eddie, on the condition that I get to light and throw a couple, too!

Hi Glen, sounds like your office is a good place to work. Hope your friends enjoy it as much as we all did.

p.s. the word verification that I had to enter in order to comment looked at first glance like "gods bum" :) Having lived in Canada, and having had a Canadian grandmother, we used the word 'bum' for 'butt'!

7:57 PM  
Blogger aikane said...

Good one. :-)

10:20 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

Um, I'll go a few gallons...

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home