This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

We should all have the right to choose a compassionate end to life

From Online NewsHour

In addition to serving as BushCo's safety net when the question of 'can a sitting President be indicted' arises, Miers will serve as George's handmaiden when Oregon's compassionate end of life law reaches the Supreme Court. If an intervening deity DID exist, it would surely strike dead the John Ashcrofts and George Bushes of this world.
'Having the law available in Oregon and that that might be an option available to me, gave me a huge sense of release if worse comes to worse there was always that other option. And knowing that, I essentially put those issues about the last few hours of my life, days of my life aside, and went on living'.







3 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

What ever happened to the Republican's grand idea of state's rights? Do they only believe in that when those rights jive with what the Republicans want the states to be able to do?

I feel that if someone like Caleb knows they are going to die a painful, horrible death they should be able to have the option to pass peacefully if they wish. I know that if I were in Caleb's shoes I would love to have that option.

4:04 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

The neocons hate state's rights. I wish I could laugh at republican support for the neocon ideology, which is opposite of conservative in so many areas.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Maria M. said...

I am a Paramedic who has watched so many of these people suffer - so many asking me to "let them die". It is so sad that these people have no "freedom" to end their pain in this country that boasts itself as the "land of the free".

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home