This is George Bush’s accountability moment. That’s why I’m here. The mainstream media aren’t holding him accountable. Neither is Congress. So I’m not leaving Crawford until he’s held accountable. - Cindy Sheehan

There are things worth fighting for. And there are even some worth dying for. But Iraq is not one of them. - James Moore

      
Marriage is love.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Time out

My father-in-law died Monday after a long illness, and I haven't felt much like blogging. He was a good man, and will be missed.

There are so many good blogs out there. I find I enjoy reading them more than keeping one of my own, so I am going to close up shop here for a while. Please stay in touch, my email is always open and I don't intend to lose touch with the friends I have made here at Church. I will visit your blog and comment, and look forward to many hours of reading pleasure at your place.

Wishing you all the best for the holidays - good health, love and laughter,

Via

8 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa Eddie said...

Via,
I really hate to see you close up shop, but there does come a time when we all need a break. I hope that after a while you'll come back to it. I've enjoyed stopping here and reading what you have posted.

I'll check back off and on to see if you've got anything new up.

You're always welcome at Leftist Grandpa, and I look foward to having you stop by and comment.

So take that break...who knows, you may miss it and want to start posting again.

7:18 AM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

Wow, I too am really sorry to see you close this blog, but I support your decision to do what you think is best. I share Grandpa Eddie's sentiments above and I hope you stop by my blog as often as you can. Also, my sympathies for your loss.

I also want to say that I wish I had left more comments on your blog. I let myself get too busy to do as much commenting as I should have. But I was always "constantly amazed" at your posts; there were so many of them and the quality and topics ware always great. I always envied that! 8^)

Well, good luck and I hope to see you around the blogoshere!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Via: I'm sad to hear that the Church will be closed, but maybe you just need to sit on the front porch silently for a bit and recharge your battery. I hope you come visit me at Fuzzy and Blue b/c you are certainly welcome there anytime you'd like. Take care Via, and sorry about your loss. Maybe with this loss in your family, blogging about All-Things- Evil-in-Bush-World is sapping away your needed strength... God knows focusing on the endless crimes of this Prez and White House is a freakin fulltime job. Take care... you'll be missed... so stop by and see me.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Fixer said...

Condolences, darlin'. We'll say a prayer.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Mike V. said...

You don't really know me, but I have been lurking a bit on your blog.
I'm quite sorry to hear the news.
Take care of yourself and your family.

1:43 PM  
Blogger aikane said...

Via, my condolences to you, your husband and family.

I understand your need to take a break. I don't blog daily either.

Enjoy life!! I'll still check back occasionally -- in case.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Unadulterated Underdog said...

I'm truly sorry about your father-in-law. It's very hard to lose loved ones particularly when the loved ones cared for you as much as you cared for them. I offer my deepest condolences to you and yours. CHEERS and God Bless!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Missouri Mule said...

Via, darlin', so sorry about your father-in-law. Rest, reflect, go riding and know there is a Missouri farm girl that holds you in high regards.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home